Monday, July 27, 2009

Really Minneapolis?

I really do love this great city. The vibrant, diverse communities, excellent dining, and proximity to so many venues really gives its citizens the freedom to pursue any interest any day of the week. We may pay exorbitant taxes, however we reap the benefits of clean streets, an awesome parks and recreations division, and (relatively) plowed streets to drive on in the winter. However, like any city, Minneapolis is run by a government, and like any government, ours is hampered by bullshit and bureaucracies. Lets take this little gem of a picture here as an example.


Maybe this is OK for 24 hours at most, but we're pushing a week here. Really Minneapolis? Really?!? I'm sure digging up half the street was fun and all, but when it came time to fix it, the constructions workers said 'fuck it! it's 5 o'clock, let's get the hell out of here!'

And I guess the constructions workers got so drunk they just done forgot about it altogether! That's convenient... I guess... right?

It just pisses me off a little bit that all that has been done so far after tearing up the asphalt is haphazardly putting these striped caution signs with a strobe light. Literally, all these things do are act as targets for drunk kids to kick over at night. Every single morning these things are on the fucking ground!

FIX MY GOD DAMN ROAD

I guess the one good thing this has brought to us was a (weak) source of entertainment. It would make my life if I could see some bluehair blindly carom into this thing without a freaking clue as to what just happened. Maybe that's a little cruel, so how about a drunk driver screaming into that abyss? Anyways, my roommate and I sat in our screened in porch having a few beers and praying for a lawsuit inducing accident that we could laugh at.

Actually, the best thing would be to see a cyclist blindly fly off his bike after crashing down into that hole...

I hate bikers.

No luck yet...

1 comment:

  1. haha i enjoyed your observation, but what really made me LOL was when you got right down to brass tacks...

    "FIX MY GOD DAMN ROAD".


    hahah nice.

    ReplyDelete